Saturday, June 28, 2008

Start Quilt Along

Here are my stars. I finished the most recent but it is not in the picture yet. I've been working on the background blocks.

Yesterday I had the most fun with my mom. We saw a great quilt in the Spring/Summer issue of Quilt Sampler. They featured a Shop Hop with 10 shops. One shop in particular had a quilt that caught my mom's eye. She called about the kit but they were sold out. She spent some days looking at local shops to see if they had the fabric, no luck. We called the shop in Kansas
Lillies Classic Quilts and they were very helpful about the fabric they used (Simplicity by 3 Sisters for Moda - I was going to include the link but it takes FOREVER to load) and wished us luck.

We did an internet search and came up with several sites that had some, but not all of the fabric needed. We needed several different fabrics within that line and were trying to match the pattern in the magazine. It took 2.5 hours but we did it. We found a shop in North Dakota that had 90% of the fabric we needed. We called and were helped by a very patient salesgal. For the remaining 10%, we found another on-line shop in NY and ordered the last bit. My mom is so excited to get her packages! Isn't the internet amazing? I am pretty excited about my mom's new project. Maybe she'll let me post pictures of her progress.

3 comments:

erica e said...

this quilt is really taking shape and looking so great.
sounds like a fun quilt adventure for you and your mom. :) i'm interested to see what it looks like and see progress on it after such an intense search!

Jacquie said...

Your stars look great, and yes, the internet is so fabulous. Sometimes I spend hours just looking at fabric in my jammies without having to lift more than a finger!

TLC said...

I love the colors you picked for your star quilt along. Very pretty!